Claims and lawsuits that arise out of the employer/employee relationship are frequently unanticipated and always unwanted. Sanchez Daniels & Hoffman’s Employment Law attorneys are committed to defending our public and private clients and assisting them to develop the best approach to resolve these matters. Even before a claim arises or a lawsuit is filed, our attorneys routinely advise and consult with employers in all areas of employment law including disciplinary matters, leave of absence issues, termination and discharge matters, layoffs/reductions in force, immigration, and employee benefits matters. We are also well experienced in defending workplace claims involving sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliatory discharge, breach of contract, employee privacy violations, restrictive covenants, non-compete and non-solicitation agreement violations.
Practical Advice and Proactive Strategies
Whether it be a full-out litigation defense, or settlement strategy, we provide practical legal advice and proactive strategies to ensure compliance and manage litigation risks. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators with strong trial backgrounds who have handled employment cases before all types of administrative agencies and all levels of state and federal courts. We are also well experienced in conducting contractual arbitration of employment disputes. We work closely with our client’s in-house legal counsel, executives, managers, and human resources professionals to defend claims under state and federal statutes, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Wage and Hour Statutes
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act
- Illinois Minimum Wage Act
- Illinois Trade Secrets Act
Here is a sample of results we are proud to have achieved:
- Tried to Not Guilty verdict a Title VII race discrimination case brought by the EEOC on behalf of former employee.
- Tried to Not Guilty verdict two section 1983 civil rights cases brought against the City of Chicago.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on ADA claim.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial on discrimination/retaliation and breach of contract claims brought against a private college.
- Won summary judgment in various discrimination cases including age discrimination, family medical leave/retaliation, and section 1983 civil rights.
- Successful defense of restaurant in public accommodation discrimination appeal resulting in remand and reversal of state agency decision.
Contact One of Our Employment Law Attorneys:
Manuel “Manny” Sanchez
Founder and Managing Partner
John S. Huntley
Heather D. Erickson
Yifan Xu Sanchez
Meghan D. Childers