Do you require the services of an environmental, health and safety attorney in Illinois? Sanchez Daniels & Hoffman and our attorneys who specialize in environmental, OSHA and toxic tort matters in Chicago and throughout the region can help. We proudly offer a team of leading environmental, health and safety litigation and regulatory professionals to ensure that our clients have the knowledge and fortitude they need to address any environmental, health and safety situations their organizations may encounter.
Our Comprehensive Range of Environmental Litigation Specialties
Sanchez Daniels & Hoffman’s EH&S practice encompasses toxic tort, regulatory compliance, litigation, health and safety matters, and land use. We help our clients navigate the ever-expanding web of environmental, health and safety requirements at federal, state, and local levels. We are mindful of our clients’ strategic objectives and budgetary constraints, and we strive to reach practical solutions without allowing theoretical possibilities predominate. Our experience includes litigation in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, agency negotiation of permits and consent decrees, and successful resolution of difficult environmental problems in corporate and real estate transactions.
- Defending federal and state governmental enforcement actions under numerous laws, including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (solid and hazardous waste), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, and OHSA.
- Prosecuting and defending cost recovery claims and litigation under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Counseling developers when buying, selling and developing contaminated property, including preparing environmental provisions of transaction documents, conducting environmental due diligence, obtaining No Further Remediation Letters from environmental agencies, and procuring environmental insurance.
- Defending toxic tort claims alleging exposure to asbestos, benzene, contaminated ground water, and other workplace and industrial chemical substances.
- Counseling clients regarding compliance under the various environmental regulatory and permitting regimes, including pursuing and defending permit appeals.
- Retaining and working with experts and environmental consultants in litigation, property remediation, and permitting matters.
- Advising clients regarding OSHA matters, including workplace safety, hazard communication, material safety data sheets, and injury reporting.
- Assisting in the designing and conducting of environmental, health and safety audits of industrial facilities.
- Advocating clients’ positions before the Illinois Pollution Control Board on facility siting, permitting, and regulatory matters.
- Counseling owners and operators of shooting ranges, including the FBI, regarding compliance with applicable EH&S requirements.